Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Ludicrous! I tell you.

Today, I spent a total of 40 not-cheap minutes (out of my sadly limited 600-minute-per-month-T-mobile plan) on the phone with the behemoth, those evil corporate souls that cause me to tear my hair (and those of my workmates nearby) out in frustration...
BANK OF AMERICA.

Now I'm sure some Online Reputation Manager is seeing this right now and going, oh dearie me, how do we win this customer back? And as per my conversation with the lady today, the lovely Lori, my associate, and her supervisor the lovely Laura, I will say: It's not their fault. Lori, Laura, they did their best. But goddammit, herein lies the issue, and I will try to be brief:

THEY HELD MY PAYCHEQUE.

And they didn't just hold it, for, shall we say, a decent period of time. For example, 24 hours. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be just an overnight hold, available next business day, but, okay, let's pretend they're really incompetent (because they are). 24 hours? Fine.

But no. The bastards are holding on to my paycheque (and I WILL persist in calling it a cheque rather than an irritatingly stupid check spelling, as if I can't pronounce the q...) for nearly THREE WHOLE DAYS, from this morning, when I casually strolled across the sunlit boulevard to wait in a smelly ATM  queue (that I called a line, even to the man who didn't understand it when I asked him if he was in it) to deposit the cheque during the workday so it might have the chance of being cleared early... . until FIVE PM ON THE 3RD, that's Thursday, biatches. A full two and a half days away. So I'm calling it three.

Ludicrous.

I did also mention to the lovely Lori and Laura that I have experienced banks in other countries, over Europe and Australia (I failed to mention Israel, where the situation is way beyond the realm of imagined retardation) but indeed, in Oz where something like this would NEVER HAPPEN. NEVER HAPPEN, I TELL YOU!

Seriously. The hold is beyond insane, and I was supposed to pay my rent tonight. Sorry, roomies.

No comments: